Welcome to Biology Keystone Review
The field of biology is a vast discipline. For this review process, we will concentrate our efforts into a selected set of topics. This website page is intended to provide you with access to summary sheets, activities, practice questions - some components you are required to complete while others are provided as a means to help deepen your understanding of the material. You are more than welcome to spend as much time as you wish visiting these sites in order to help you pass the test. Best of Luck!
Biology Keystone review sessions will take place on the dates indicated in the calendar. All sessions will run from 2:45pm - 3:45 pm in the room indicated for that day. Subject matter to be covered is listed. All students are encouraged to come with questions regarding the topic indicated.
Here is the PowerPoint of my review session. Feel free to print it and use it as your notes for during the presentation.
Here is a fun video to lighten the mood that our administration put together.
Be sure to get your copy of the Biology Summary Sheets for Keystone Exams:
Complete the following activity for a more comprehensive review:
- Keystone Review and Q and A - This document provides you with a summary for each topic. You will find questions that are imbedded for you to answer after each component.
To deepen you level of understanding for any one topic or several topics listed below, the following activities have been set up for you:
- Review - See the information presented to you again through PowerPoint or podcast presentations.
- Practice - Deepen your understanding of the content by completing activities.
- Self-check - Assess your depth of knowledge by participating in a short quiz, or two.
Select a topic below to begin.
The following suggested materials are provided with the intention to offer you test-prep questions to practice. This is for your personal use. Spend as much time as you wish, on whatever topic you feel you that you need to practice the development your responses in the most.
- Quizlet - As you may know, Biology has a tremendous amount of vocabulary associated with it. This site will test your knowledge on the terms in a variety of formats. You can also download the app onto any mobile device and use it where ever you go for FREE.
- Wordify - This is another FREE downloadable app that you can add to your mobile device. This app allows you to review those terms in a quick and easy manner.
- Keystone Bell Ringer PowerPoint Q and A - Respond to a question on one slide and on the next slide, you can see not only the correct answer, but also the rationale as to why the available choices are/are not the correct response.
- Keystone Practice Test - This test is a comprehensive assessment that contains both multiple choice and short answer questions. It would be in your best interest to complete the assessment to you best ability before checking the answers below. Keystone Practice Test - Key
- PDE Biology Keystone Exam Item and Scoring Sampler - The following are from PDE's website and contains all of the essential information you would need about the exam itself. It includes sample questions and answers and explains about the scoring.
- Eukaryotes and Prokaryotes
- Cell Membrane
- Cell Membrane and Movement Across the Membrane
- Food Web
- Genetics - One Factor Cross A
- Genetics - One Factor Cross B
- Genetics - One Factor Cross C
- Genetics - Two Factor Cross A
- Genetics - Two Factor Cross B
- Genetics - Incomplete Dominance
- Genetics - Incomplete Dominance, 2 Factor Cross B
- Genetics - Co-dominance
- Genetics - Blood Problems